Federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
The WOTC targets demographic groups most in need of employment, including those receiving welfare or food stamps, those living in a household where someone is receiving welfare or food stamps, certain veteran groups and exfelons, among others.
Businesses can save up to $9,600.00 with WOTC. The benefit begins to accrue once an eligible employee has worked at least 120 hours and reaches a maximum limit at 400 hours. This is a one-time benefit. Unused credits will carry forward for up to twenty (20) years.
NEW: We now offer new hire screening services where qualified WOTC employees are identified through a 5-minute live screening at the time of hire. We generally incorporate the screening process into the job application and/or onboarding process and once screening is complete, we handle the rest.
- Auto-populated 8850 form (questions are asked survey-style) that is electronically sent to the state, guaranteeing compliance with the 28-day window for filing after the hire date
- Electronic signature for 8850 form
- WOTC Survey (point and click yes/no)
- Proactive follow-ups with state agencies who handle the certifications
- Customized reporting – Automated monthly summaries sent to HR director or controller, etc. (We can identify locations that might not be screening and send reminders or suggestions for improvement. )