Struggling to Find Good Help These Days? (Maybe there is such a thing as a stupid question. It’s 2021!)
Here are some tips to help small business owners find good, solid employees.
It Always Pays to Hire Right the First Time
- Plan ahead: Map out your business growth and determine the number of employees you will need plus the cost of hiring, training, and retaining.
- Study the market: Find out what potential employees are looking for. Here’s a great article to help you get started.
- Set expectations: Write job descriptions that include the scope and expectations PLUS all requirements.
- Communicate: Write a compelling job post, optimized for search engines.
- Get help: Purchase our Recruiting Toolkit or subscribe to our HR platform and get templates and examples of job descriptions and postings. With this tool, you can hire the right people while mitigating legal risks.
- Be cautious: Conduct background checks!!
If you follow these steps, you’ll be more likely to find and hire the right person for the job, the first time around. And once you’ve found the right employee, here are some tips to help you onboard for success.