As we said last week, at SmartPayroll Solutions, we do much more than payroll. We watched trends and keep in touch with our clients. We know their struggles. And one common struggle is finding and retaining good help.
Recently, we published tips on hiring right the first time, followed by good advice on onboarding that can set your new hires up for success. In this article, we are looking at employee retention.
Your New Hire is Fantastic!
Don’t lose them to the competition!!
Creating a Welcoming Work Environment
- Communicate: Take time to talk directly with your new hire. Find out how they are doing in the new position. If there are problems, try to help find a solution.
- Evaluate: Regular performance reviews will help your employee reach their full potential. Make sure you point out their good qualities as well as opportunities and share your plans for helping them grow.
- Inclusive Environment: Giving your employees online access to payroll and time and attendance tools offers transparency and will help them feel like they have some control.
- Motivate: In today’s environment, with 5 generations in the workplace, motivation isn’t always easy. Here are some helpful tips.
- Provide Benefits: Comprehensive employee benefits are not just for big business. We have affordable options and can help you design and manage a competitive benefits package. To learn more, call (678) 775-6750 today!
- Employee Wellness: Implementing an employee wellness program can help reduce the cost of health insurance, improve employee retention, boost production and improve quality. Plus it’s the right thing to do! Get some great ideas here.
If Your Turnover Rate is High, You’re Losing Money
Maybe it’s time to ask for help. If you are subscribed to our HR services, you have access to tools to help you communicate, train and retain your employees. If you are not subscribed, contact us today and let’s get started!